Transformation

I pick scales off my
wrist. Am I becoming a
lizard? Desert sands.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Ha, it seemed to make a lot of sense to me; but that might be because I like to bring sense out of nonsense and interpret the lines scattered "randomly" across my palm.

Lovely randomness, the kind that inches along the floor like a caterpillar. Bothersome to some, but quite pleasant to others.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Diola le, dearest friend, it seems that few people really appreciate the random, unstrung side of poetry. 

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
And it's so important, because we're all unstrung ourselves.

leafy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 19, 2011 at 9:43 am
I totally agree with you guys, the world just needs more spontaneousity (lol idk if that's an actual word XD ), and this poem helped to do that, great job ^_^

IamtheshyStargirl replied...

Thank you, Leafy :D 

Y'know, most of the published poetry I've read *elsewhere than teenink* has, as a general rule, been very unstrung and spontaneous. Nonsensical even, if you will. 

Yah, you're definitely right

Aderes18 said...
I am sorry but this haiku doesn't make any sense to me at all. :( 

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Haha, yeah. It's really just random, about dry skin and the fickleness of thoughts.