Drought

World is hot and dry
Water gate to warp open
Finally comes Rain

PJD17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
cool poem keep it up

AsIAm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Now we can't STOP the rain. -_- haha

apocalyptigirl said...
I like this haiku, especially the last line. The part I didn't get was the 2nd line: "Water gate to warp open" -- why "to warp"? That's a syntactical weirdness that confused the meaning.

Thanks :)  The middle line is more of a personal thing.  We have a homemade wooden gate out to our barn, and when it is really hot, it shrinks and the latch gets stuck.  Sometimes we take the latch off, but sometimes we spray the gate with the hose until it swells and warps enough to unlock it. :)

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks for explaining! It makes much more sense now! You should continue this! I like it!

Nov. 11, 2010 at 8:37 am
I'm glad it makes more sense now. :)  Personally, I wish all haikus had explanations - I never understand them. lol