The End of the Road

I have traveled far
East, west, north, south; now I’ve found
The end of the road

S_Oehvren_ said...
I am guessing Jane P's road lead her home.

Jane_P This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Wherever "home" may be.

S_Oehvren_ replied...
Home is where your heart is.

WhiteBear said...
I love this poem, so simplr but it still shows emotion, could you possible explain the meaning a bit more? is it about giving up after searching for a long time or about searching and finally finding what you're looking for? very good poem though!! :)

Well, even writers don't always know what their work is about, but I think the poem is about someone finding some kind of peace or ending after a long journey. Maybe they found what they were looking for, or maybe they didn't. I think it just depends on the reader.

Thanks so much! Love your username, by the way.

S_Oehvren_ replied...
And thank you, Jane_P, for saying what many poets are afraid to admit, which is that their pens are guided by their souls through moonlight paths of wind and willows.

WhiteBear replied...
yeah, I agree with S_Oehvren_, with many of my pieces of writing I don't fully know the meaning of them. thanks for the complement on my username Jane_P!!! Again, gr8 poem!! :-)