October Nights This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By the light of the
Silvery October moon
You pull me to your

Hip, my face is red
From nervousness and running.
“Do you want to?” You

Ask, any other
Night I'd say no easily.
But I'm not thinking

Straight tonight and you're
Charming, nice but not handsome
No, no but I lean

In anyway, and for
A first kiss it's pretty
Terrible, your lips

Are like a suction
Cup, when you pull away I'm
Rejoicing inside.

The_Quiet_GirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 28, 2012 at 10:45 am:
The title made me think that the poem would be about fall or Halloween, but I like it. :)

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 7, 2012 at 7:21 am:
I like it very much. From the title "October Nights", I thought it would be about the wickedness and mischief that occurs on Halloween. But I'm happy to say that I was unexpectedly surprised.

OceanFey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 11:31 am:
Interesting poem, like the haiku structure

RobynCornejo said...
I really like the way this is structured 

jacindap said...
This a interesting way to make many hiakus come together and for a very good story. Very nice work.

hungergames said...
I'm amazed by the way you were able to tell a story through haikus. They blended perfectly. I'm alright at individual haikus, and even collections of them, but I can't put them all together like that. Good work!

Quinnlively said...
i love this peom! its truely captivating and it gives me shivers everytime i read it <3

thejoyofrediscoveringThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 5, 2010 at 7:43 pm :
Thank you soooo much!! that's sooo grreat to hear :)

QuinnLivley replied...
Dec. 10, 2010 at 1:26 pm :
i can't even tell you how much i love this poem. Everyday we have to get on teen ink for writing lab at my school and the first thing i do is type october night into the search bar and read this lol keep writing and i'll keep reading!!!!!

Feb. 6, 2011 at 6:18 pm :
Thank you so much!!! I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to reply but I am so flattered by your comment!!!!

^unshed.tears said...
Oct. 28, 2010 at 11:37 am:
good job :) you pretty much captured what really happens on peoples' first kisses lol not every one of them can be perfect

Oct. 30, 2010 at 11:03 am :
Thank you!!! :)

mimirocks124 said...
cute i like its charm. check out my stuff??

Oct. 30, 2010 at 11:04 am :
Thanks!!!!