Sexy Toaster This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I
This tart appliance
can turn on any bagel
in her hot embrace

II
Industrial strength
steel and heated copper coils
Pleasure perfected

BARBIE said...
I LOVE IT!!! THIS IS MY LIFE

Strangecolor This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 25, 2011 at 9:26 am :
YOU JUST MADE MY DAY.... and I'm a little concerned. :)

Sally Smith said...
I have never thought of a toaster like this. It is very creative and you are really thinking out of  the box.

Jan. 25, 2011 at 9:25 am :
Yeah, I don't think most people do... thank you!

BeautifulCacophony said...

Well, that  was fantastic!!! I will never see a toaster the same way again. :)

Great poem, it was quirky and hilarious, but still very well written!!

And Apples to Apples is the greatest game of the planet.

Jan. 25, 2011 at 9:24 am :

I am here to open your mind to strange new things... and Apples to Apples is the greatest game, agreed. :)

Thanks!

GodsGirl36 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 12, 2011 at 10:12 am:

That. Is. EPIC! :D 

Never thought of a toaster that way before...way to think outside the box! ;-) 

Jan. 25, 2011 at 9:22 am :

You mean, "way to think outside the"...um...the.... REFRIGERATOR!

Thanks :)

Strangecolor This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm confused too, honestly... but thanks for liking it! Teehee

justsmileanddance said...
confused by this but i like it!!

11MaTa said...
Im a BIGGGG wierdo so .......I WUV IT!!!!!!!!!!!!(giggle...it turned that bagel on!!!!)

Dec. 14, 2010 at 10:05 pm :
That it did ;D

11MaTa replied...
Dec. 18, 2010 at 2:04 pm :
what made you think of writing such a silly poem????

Dec. 18, 2010 at 2:07 pm :
The game Apples to Apples? Have you ever played it? There's one card that has an adjective and you have seven random cards in your hand that have some sort of noun. The goal is to try and play what you think is the best noun described by the adjective and another player "judges" everyone's noun cards once they are down (the judge position rotates each turn). At the time the adjective was "sensual" and I was at a lost for anything in my hand, so I just played "toaster." And I ended up winning the... (more »)

PoeticallyPainful said...
your metaphors are amazing- please keep writting! well done

hallsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
omg i love this its fabulous

Nov. 14, 2010 at 10:57 am :
Sankeuu :)

DiamondsIntheGrassThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
were your playing funny versions or serious?  when i play im usually not allowed ot defend my choice, cuz that makes the judge biased.  but thats cool how you actually made a toaster sound sensual.

Aug. 13, 2010 at 4:39 pm :

Haha, honestly, I don't remember, I don't like to defend my choice, but sometimes if it's outlandish enough, it'll win. Depends whom I with. 

I suppose it is sort of a skill to make kitchen appliances sound sensual, :P

avantgarde said...
This is so adorable! And I love the quirky story behind this lovely haiku. Apples to Apples must be very inspiring :) Good job!

Aug. 13, 2010 at 4:39 pm :
It's a great party game! So much fun.