Walking Through the Woods This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

My feet hit the snow as
I walk, the wind blows, homeless
Through trees and my heart

DeadlyPoppy said...
Jan. 9, 2010 at 12:56 am:
It was good, but I don't understand why you don't just eliminate the word as. It is your writing though, and it was a good poem.

Akio-san replied...
Jan. 9, 2010 at 11:00 am :
not a haiku more a free verse sorry XD but i liked it ^^

soccerchic101010 replied...
Apr. 7, 2010 at 11:35 am :
i agree with getting rid of the as :) great poem though!!!

g.a.w. said...
I guess that technically its not a haiku but its wonderful just the same! i love it : )

alex9426 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
great poem but not a haiku!! it has 5 syllanble on the first line, seven on the second, and five on the last line. not trying to be spiteful, but i'd call this free verse not haiku

ElizabethW. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 18, 2009 at 6:08 pm :
I think it's still okay. Poetry is really subjective today, even haiku. I think the only real requirements are that the top and bottom line are the same and are a few syllables more than the middle.

alex9426 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 21, 2009 at 11:04 am :
even if the top and bottom lines were the same in this poem, it's not a haiku. there are just some forms of poetry where the form is unchangeable. haiku and sonnet are examples.

DeadlyPoppy replied...
Jan. 9, 2010 at 11:09 pm :
I agree. It's a good poem but should be posted under free verse. I think the point of a Haiku and Sonnet is to be able to express your thoughts within the limitations in a beautiful way and have the reader still be able to understand your meaning. I have also read a lot of Sonnets that are not even close to a proper sonnet and they bother me too, being that they are well written, but not in the right category.

firefly116 replied...
Jan. 31, 2010 at 3:15 pm :
DeadlyPoppy, if you find a really good and properly written sonnet on this sight please post response to let me know. i can't find any well written limericks in good form either. such a bother :)

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Jan. 30 at 12:28 pm :
Hey firefly116! If you're still looking for pure form sonnnets or Haiku to read. Read some of my newest. I think the new ones of mine got VERY properly categorized. At first I used to get so annoyed by bad categorization on here too, but then I learned to live with it. Anyway. I'd love it if you read and told me if you like my sonnet umm wait let me name one for you so its not an agony for you to find one. Oh there's two new ones. "Time: the B*tch" and "welcome winter,... (more »)

Kasey S. said...
Sept. 21, 2009 at 8:14 am:
very descriptive without being complicated. i really liked the detail about the wind being homeless.

LilJ<3 said...
Simple, yet complex. Great Job. Truely Loved it.

Jennifer B. replied...
Sept. 27, 2009 at 5:48 pm :
This is not a haiku!!!! 575 syllables

Irma A. replied...
Nov. 18, 2009 at 11:46 am :
That is really good I like what you think.