Seven Days | Teen Ink

Seven Days

February 26, 2024
By TashaYang PLATINUM, Brighton, Other
TashaYang PLATINUM, Brighton, Other
20 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Monday
The sandwich I like the most is
Between two slices of bread
Is a sea
 
Tuesday
Compasses
The perfect circle you draw
Imprisons a seagull
 
Wednesday
From a line in a book
I pick up
A sharpen dagger
 
Thursday
When study history
There is fog in my eyes
There is fog in my tongue
 
Friday
On the grass, a hare
Running in darkness and lightning
An eagle flies out of its body
 
Saturday
A window
Only by you open it
Is a window.
 
Sunday
Midnight, I take out
A rusty key
Open a locked moon


The author's comments:

Writing used to be a shadow for me.
“The sun is rising; it represents happiness!”
“The word tomorrow represents hope.”
“A story should have an explicit and clear theme!”
“You have to use luxurious phrases to show your love for Spring!”
My name is Tasha Yang; I was born in China. Before I was 15, I had to obey these rules to complete my writing. Otherwise, I would get low marks.
Last year, I got into a senior high school in the United Kingdom and started reading English Literature massively: Lord of Fly, Jude the Obscure, Jane Eyre, 1984…, and I started trying creative writing.
The sea is directly outside my room’s window, and the fierce sea wind took off my shadow of writing, and my understanding of writing is totally distinct from before.
Writing is a unique human organ.
When you stay beside the sea, you could describe the sea through a child’s eyes, or you could describe the sea through a granular stone’s heart. Of course, you could also describe the sea as a fish, a moon, or a solitary old man.
You could even imagine you are Adam and Eve.
Massive sensation could be portrayed using a pen; writing breaks the human physical configuration of only having two eyes. Writing makes my heart broader and enables it to carry the whole sea. I suddenly find that I have amalgamated into the world, no longer a bystander of the world.