Free verse poems by teens on a variety of topics | Teen Ink

Free Verse

Top voted Free Verse Poems

Poetry
#275811voted by our readers
By sweetheart10 BRONZE
Marvin, North Carolina

Please, please have mercy on me! The needles, the knives, Just let me be!   I'm a white-coated worker in China But my jacket, No matter how clean, No matter how man...
sweetheart10 BRONZE, Marvin, North Carolina

#275812 Poetry
By Amanda Miller BRONZE
Litchfield, New Hampshire
Amanda Miller BRONZE, Litchfield, New Hampshire
#275813 Poetry
By jackiee129 PLATINUM
Kent, Connecticut
jackiee129 PLATINUM, Kent, Connecticut

"It makes me happy when I see teenage girls who clearly don't fit in, gives me hope that the future might still have personality" - Haley Williams

“You are not your bra-size, nor are you the width of your waist, nor are you the slenderness of your calves. You are not your hair color, your skin color, nor are you a shade of lipstick. Your shoe-size is of no consequence. You are not defined by the amount of attention you get from males, females, or any combination thereof. You are not the number of sit-ups you can do, nor are you the number of calories in a day. You are not your mustache. You are not the hair on your legs. You are not a little red dress. You are no amalgam of these things. You are the content of your character. You are the ambitions that drive you. You are the goals that you set. You are the things that you laugh at and the words that you say. You are the thoughts you think and the things you wonder. You are beautiful and desirable not for the clique you attend, but for the spark of life within you that compels you to make your life a full and meaningful one. You are beautiful not for the shape of the vessel, but for the volume of the soul it carries.”

#275814 Poetry
swimthenread27 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

“...because a life without meaning, without drive or focus, without dreams or goals, isn't a life worth living.”

#275815 Poetry
By Sam_yukta GOLD
New Delhi, Other
Sam_yukta GOLD, New Delhi, Other
#275816 Poetry
By MorganLewis PLATINUM
Greensboro, North Carolina
MorganLewis PLATINUM, Greensboro, North Carolina
#275817 Poetry
#275818 Poetry
#275819 Poetry
#275820 Poetry
By Twinkle-Toes SILVER
Metamora, Michigan
Twinkle-Toes SILVER, Metamora, Michigan

“When I was a little girl I used to read fairy tales. In fairy tales you meet Prince Charming and he's everything you ever wanted. In fairy tales the bad guy is very easy to spot. The bad guy is always wearing a black cape so you always know who he is. Then you grow up and you realize that Prince Charming is not as easy to find as you thought. You realize the bad guy is not wearing a black cape and he's not easy to spot; he's really funny, and he makes you laugh, and he has perfect hair.”
― Taylor Swift