Birds | Teen Ink

Birds

By Josie520 BRONZE, Greenfield, Massachusetts
Josie520 BRONZE, Greenfield, Massachusetts

Bird You can't keep her in a cage, Clip her wings, tell her lies. Say that fragile birds Are never meant to fly. Watch her live behind A rusted door, latched tight. Her spirit slipping away So you can keep her in sight. Beautiful creatures Cannot be confined. Her wings will grow And she will find the sky. I dreamed I stood in silence-- Beneath the shattered golden in the sky While the stars rained down like tears in the sky Blinked out from the universal eye. So in my fist I held All that I truly ever owned. Yet my fingers closed only on air Clutching only skin and bone. But something in my mind, Hinted I could be more have more, Hinted at more than I can see, More than I can feel. That like my skin, my air, My life, Was just as much a part of me as the skin and bone is. Not to be hidden in fear, anger, or sadness For I have learned I own nothing more Than what I already had. I had it all, I just couldn't see it , Now I see it. I have so many opportunities. I see that I can be the gold that streaked the sky So there will be stars that still fall But I will hold onto them. The stars may still like like tears but they are my tears. For as long as I know the stars the people are still important. Today I finally wake It will be hard but I will work. It will be frustrating but I will try. It will be tiring but I will sleep. I have something that I fight for. Something that keeps me going. For I have to find a sky with the brightest colors A sky that never looks broken...

THis is for my friends that have passed taylor and alex i love you guys