Five Diverse Players | Teen Ink

Five Diverse Players

By 8morrow SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
8morrow SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

They are the only ones who relate to me. I am the only one who pushes them. Five diverse players with the same uniform and competitive drive like me. Five who belong here and will stay here. Five excellent athletes hand picked to play against the best. From the field we move together like an animal hunting its prey, but some people don't understand this.

Their connection is no secret. They train ferociously when no one is watching. They stalk left and right and plunge themselves into the dirt and grasp the horizon with smooth leather gloves and never lose their grit to win. This is how they fight.

If one loses the ability to perform they all strengthen and carry the extra weight like a train chugging to the station. Chug, chug, chug they go as they bring the injured player to the station. They love.

When they all fall down and are to beat up to keep chugging, when they have been bruised and underestimated against all odds it's then that they work even harder. When there is nothing left on this field but their hearts and souls. Five who battled despite adversities. Five who love and do not forget to love. Five whose only reason is to get three outs and get more runs.