Dear Anonymous | Teen Ink

Dear Anonymous

By tiaromero BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
tiaromero BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Dear Anonymous,

When we first became friends, I knew that it was a friendship that I would want forever. You were always nice to me, you made me laugh, you showed that you truly cared about me. Thank you for being there for me, even when I wasn’t there for myself. I always knew I could count on you for advice whenever anything happened. You always were the best person to talk to. No matter what the situation was, you always knew how to cheer me up or help me. You knew how to fix all situations I got myself into. No matter if it was problems with some of my friends, getting a bad grade on a test, or even if I just needed someone to talk to, you were always there for me. You were always a great role model and I looked up to you. You always told me to take risks, no matter what the consequences were. You made me become more determined in everything I do. You taught me to never be afraid to talk to people and to try to make new friends. You helped me become more outgoing by telling me to take risks and talk to new people and to speak what’s on my mind.

You never stopped encouraging me to try my very best, even when I thought it wasn’t possible. You inspired me everyday to always stay true to who I am and to never change for anyone. You continued being nice and helpful to me even through the worst times. I knew that I could always count on you to make me smile. You helped me tremendously in becoming who I am today. You were such a significant part in my life this far and I am extremely grateful for everything you have done to help me. Because of you, I have become stronger than I ever imagined, and I thank you for every second you took to help me.

Every time I see you now, all I can think about is all the memories and good times we shared together. I am sorry that things didn’t work out between us and that we no longer talk to each other. You were always a great person to me and I can’t thank you enough for always being there to help me and for never failing to put a smile on my face. I can’t promise that we will be friends again, but I promise that I will never forget you. Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for always inspiring me to do better, and thank you for being my best friend.