My Anxiety | Teen Ink

My Anxiety

What is my anxiety?
My anxiety is having no appetite one day and eating everything in sight the next.
My anxiety is feeling like I physically can’t get out of bed in the morning.
My anxiety is being worried About having a panic attack.
My anxiety is being so moody I can’t control myself.
My anxiety is why I snap at people out of pure frustration.
My anxiety is what I think prevents me from living my life the way I want to.
My anxiety is going from being an energetic person to having the life sucked out of me.
My anxiety is when I isolate myself from the real world.
Please know when I’m feeling this way that’s when I need you the most. I need you to sit by me, hug me, tell me its ok and fight alongside me.
Anxiety doesn’t control me any longer because I am in control of what I do.

girlintheshadow BRONZE, Sandy Springs, Georgia
3 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Growth isn’t always constant... relapses happen. You’re not back at square one. Your growth prior to your relapse isn’t erased. Take your time. Don’t be hard on yourself. You’ll be okay.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I'm glad to know that the people who go this this everyday understand me and also that people who don't know what it's like to constantly worry read this too. I really appreciate all that you said and I hope you continue to believe in yourself and never let that go.

on May. 9 2018 at 8:31 am
Poetgirl1 PLATINUM, Linesville, Pennsylvania

You have made it through 100% of your bad days so far. Keep going.

I relate with this poem so well. This is well-written and has a lot of meaning. I love how you describe the ups and downs because it is really like that. It makes you feel different every day. I love the word choice and the honesty in your poem. I know a lot of people including myself that have to go through that and you make it relate able. Also, it helps those that don't struggle with this understand what it is like. Keep writing and never stop. Thank you for sharing this on here. Great job. I believe in you. You will make it really far in life. Never give up or put the pen down. Thank you.