why did you cheat | Teen Ink

why did you cheat

By Nadio SILVER, Melbourne, Florida
Nadio SILVER, Melbourne, Florida

It’s gonna hurt, when you give everything you have to someone and it’s still not enough, it’s going to rip you apart inside. Then it will slowly start to get better. You’ll think about things other than them. You’ll find ways to occupy your mind. Some days you’ll still wake up wanting to call them just to say good morning. You’ll spend some days crying and listening to sad songs that remind you of them. You will fall asleep crying because it doesn't feel right without them.That’s okay, it’s okay that it hurts. But it’s okay for it to get better too. It’s okay to let yourself heal, it’s okay to dance around your room in your underwear because you feel actually happy. Life isn’t going to stop. I know it feels like the world has stopped turning but it hasn’t. You will make new friends and meet new people. You will stop thinking about them forever or they might have a small part of you forever. But you will change, you will grow and one day you might even wonder why you loved them because you don’t deserve to be hurt like that. If you cheated on a person that was willing to do anything for you, you actually cheated yourself out of true loyalty.