Childhood | Teen Ink

Childhood

April 19, 2018
By Nadio SILVER, Melbourne, Florida
Nadio SILVER, Melbourne, Florida
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments


The memories of my early childhood are like scattered, partially lost pieces and a huge mosaic. I am only five and instead of sleeping late like others kids would do, i don’t want to stay in bed, don’t want to miss the mystery, the beauty of the world’s awakening. My older brother and cousins are up already and drag their feet on the wooden floor. I still can vividing picture that floor-old, carved in coated with brown paint a thousand times the floor in my Grandma’s house. The memories of my childhood are my Grandma it’s the smell of the bread, she naked every morning. My memories are the feelings of happiness, peace, kindness and care. It’s the perception of the surrounding world through love i was given and love i was taught. My grandmother usually got up very early. As a child i used to think that after she woke up, she was pulling the sleepyhead rooster to make him announce to the world a new day started. Grandma’s morning began in kitchen. I could hear fuzzy noises of knives banging on the table rumbling pots. Everything that came from that kitchen was magically tasty and always delicious, because my Grandma used a secret recipe for everything. The secret recipe is called “Love”. I remember her soft, warm hands. Her smiling with rays wrinkles in the comer oh her eyes, her quiet gentle laughter and love. We used to fight me and sister because i always take her stuff and my grandma get mad at me because she always say Nadia you have to ask your sister first then take her stuff. I remember when we a holidays and all my cousins and their families came and my grandma gives us candy a lot of candy and we all go and play and get our clothes dirty and my mom look at me and say oh come let's take a shower. I still can remember when i see my dad wake up at 6am and get ready for work and he gets off work at 10pm and all he wants is eat and go to sleep and i didn’t understand he is tried all i want is playing with him but he said no and i get sad. I always after school go to the walmart and buy ice cream and eat with my friends and then i get sick and my mom gets mad at me. When me and my friends play in the park and the guy give me a flower and i thought we likes each other oh gosh all this memories  makes me laugh and i wish i can come back the five years old girl. I miss my Grandma and my house and the bread that she baked every day. Now i have a school and job and when i get home i just want to sleep so i understand my dad. I love those random ,memories that makes me smile no matter what is going on in my life right now. Things end but memories last forever.

Ms. Boos thank you because you take me back to these good days and memories and all this memories and i realize it’s hard to forget someone who gives you so much to remember and i wish i can go back to my grandma and give her a hug and tell her “I love You”.


The author's comments:

I really liked this piece because it reminds me of my childhood and my old house.