Miss You | Teen Ink

Miss You

By AinsleyTurnedAlex DIAMOND, San Diego, California
AinsleyTurnedAlex DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Let us go then, you and I/When the evening is spread out against the sky/Like a patient etherized upon a table/Let us go, through certain half-deserted streets/The muttering retreats/Of restless nights in one-night cheap hotels/And sawdust restaurants with oyster-shells/Streets that follow like a tedious argument/Of insidious intent/To lead you to an overwhelming question .../Oh, do not ask, “What is it?”/Let us go and make our visit."

I hate that you did this to me

I hate that my scars weren't what you wanted to see

I hate that you walked away

I hate that I believe you did right when you didn't stay

I hate that your eyes were so green

I hate that I thought you were a shoulder on which I could lean

I hate that I believed your lies

I hate that I just can't break all our ties

But really

When I see you today

What I hate most

Is that I can't tell you I hate you

Because it simply isn't true

Because in the end

I just miss you

This is about my ex-girlfriend. We met up yesterday at a coffee shop to go over what happened because she didn't like how we left it, and I realized I never stopped loving her. It was painful, because the reason she left was because I showed her my self-harm scars.

on May. 31 2018 at 10:49 am
LieselBest BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
@WolfWhisperer0911 Anything is better than Twilight, can it even be called literature?!? lol But seriously, you are talented @AinsleyTurnedAlex.

on Apr. 30 2018 at 10:03 am

@WolfWhisperer0911 thanks! trust me, it is better than Twilight, but its a whole lot more complicated!

on Apr. 29 2018 at 9:52 pm
WolfWhisperer0911 DIAMOND, Crosby, Texas

"For I command you, be brave and steadfast! For the Lord your God will be with you whenever you go."
-Joshua 1:9

"Throw me to the wolves, and I'll return leading the pack."- Unknown

"Never moon a werewolf." -Mike Binder

@AinsleyTurnedAlex Awwww, this is so sweet and yet heartwrenching. I will say that this love story is better than Twilight. :)

Parkland Speaks

Smith Summer

Wellesley Summer