All The Things They Don't Tell You | Teen Ink

All The Things They Don't Tell You

March 25, 2018
By hakuna.matata BRONZE, Mequon, Wisconsin
hakuna.matata BRONZE, Mequon, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"I still remember you as a little girl who over waters plants because she doesn't know when to stop giving."


"No one warns little girls how

Boys with such pretty eyes,

Who smell like smoke,

Who taste like rain,

Who talk like silver,

Are reasons behind tear soaked pillows,

Half finished poems,

And so many sad dreams."

No one tells us that when you follow your heart, you shouldn't forget to take your brain with you.

No one tells us that we matter.

No one tells us that we are beautiful.

No one tells us that no matter what happens, keep fighting.

No one tells us that we are worth it.

No one tellsus that we have as much of a right to be here as anyone else.

No one tells us that living and being alive are two completely different things.

No one tells us that even our worst days are only 24 hours. 

No one tells us that betreyal only comes from our best friends.

No one tells us that we are only human. 

No one tells us that not all humans tell the truth.

So let me tell you the truth. You are strong. You have made it through 100% of the challenges you've faced. You are alive. You deserve so much. You deserve to get excited about the little things. You deserve to stay up late just to watch the sunset. You deserve to sleep in late. You deserve to eat, not starve yourself like you do now. You deserve someone who will give you the universe, when all you asked for was a star. You deserve someone who will look at you like you put the stars in the sky. You deserve to know that someone loves you. You deserve someone who will always be there for you. You deserve a soulmate. You deserve someone who won't hurt you. You deserve the truth. You are the truth. You are beautiful. And darling, you deserve the world.


The author's comments:

The first paragraph is not mine, so it is in quotations. The rest is mine.