My Favorite Word | Teen Ink

My Favorite Word

March 12, 2018
By Jaiden33 BRONZE, Miami, Florida
Jaiden33 BRONZE, Miami, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Love, a common word with four ordinary letters,
yet the space between each letter makes up its own world of complexity,
resulting in this simple word to not be so simple anymore.
Love, it may be one word but it has an infinite amount of layers and meanings.
There is not just one definition to encompass all the things love is.
For love is the little notes your mom left in your lunchbox when you were younger.
But, love is also the rush of excitement that flowed through your little body when dad came home from work.
As you get older, love shape shifts in a way.
Now love is finding your home is someone else's heart.
Love can be being 1,322 miles away from your one and only,
yet still feeling their pain in your heart when they are sad.
Love is walking down the aisle and knowing you have found your person.
Eventually, love morphs again,
to the moment you are holding your child in your arms and knowing you are their world.
Love is the proud sensation you feel in your chest when your child did anything to show you that you have been raising them right.
Even through its many forms,
love is not knowing the future but being okay with that because no matter what you already have your future in front of you.
Love is never absent from life,
just sometimes it blends in so well with normality.
The baggage of mystery that love carries is the reason it is my favorite word.