Love Is Not Me | Teen Ink

Love Is Not Me

By Savoe17 BRONZE, Battle Creek, Michigan
Savoe17 BRONZE, Battle Creek, Michigan

It's only impossible if you think it is ~oakley

Love is not walking out for the smallest things, saying "we can be friends" then becoming a ghost. Love is not speaking with a careless tone, hurting the one who loved you the most.
Love is not accepting purity then throwing it away, love is not something that simply ends. If you really had love for them, then you could easily still be friends.
Love is not a constant lie followed by "I'm sorry, I'll be honest!" Love is not destroying their trust by breaking their promise.
Love is not flirting with another guy, with the excuse of "Oh we're just friends, it'll be alright!"
Love is not yelling at the one you love, not to resolve issues but to win the fight. Love is not bashing that person for their faults, just to be above them and to be right.
Love is accepting that person for who they are through every scenario, always being loyal, staying by their side. Love is enjoying their company, even with the biggest bumps, always there for the ride.
Love is defined and interpreted differently for everyone; don't say you love them unless you know they're going to be the one.

A recent breakup has had my thoughts running wild as if there are unidentified species of animals in a zoo. I'm learning a lot, and writing poetry such as this seems to alleviate my emotions fairly well.