How to Describe a Rainbow to a Blind Person | Teen Ink

How to Describe a Rainbow to a Blind Person

By Katelyndo1085 BRONZE, Temperance, Michigan
Katelyndo1085 BRONZE, Temperance, Michigan

Red
It’s pure anger rushing through your mind. Warm lips kissing your cheek after a date. The taste of something spicy.
Orange
It looks the way that fasication and enthusiasm feels. If you were to taste it, it would be sweet and tropical. The color has a warm glowy feeling to it.
Yellow
Hope bubbling up underneath your skin. It is the sound of laughter and the feeling of joy. It looks how sunlight beams feel on your skin.
Green
It’s jealousy and envy. It is the color of a bruise several days into healing. The tart taste of an granny smith apple. It is also the smell of a fresh pine tree on christmas eve.
Blue
Is the cool feeling of water running over your hand. It is the sound of waves crashing against the sandy beach. It is running your hand through soft damp hair. It’s when you hold ice in your hand.
Purple
It is like velvet against your skin. It’s the feeling of mystery. In music it would be an piano playing a soft melody that drifts you to another place.
A rainbow embodies all of these things and more. Looking at a rainbow is like looking at every emotion and feeling in world.