where im from

Where I’m from, I’m from Muskegon heights,I’m from loud kids and a big family, From cracked asphalt and broken sidewalks.
I’m from creaky floorboards and little bedrooms.I’m from sharing a room, with my little sister and her stinky feet in my face. Where I’m from I’m from jack frost nipping on my nose in the cold winters and extra blankets.
I’m from extra layers in the winter with  big snow pants and over stuffed coats. I’m from throwing temper tantrums, to hugging my mom and crying on the first day of school.
I’m from fighting every year in school, to fighting for good grades. I’m from the soul in soul food. I’m from fresh fried food everyday.
I’m from a loud church and friendly place, I’m from playing around til we got tired.Where I’m from, I’m from screaming until my voice goes out.
I’m from “you better come in when the street lights come on”, I’m from by the train tracks listening to them pass each night.
Where I’m from, I’m from making friends to losing them, I’m from the smell of bleach as we alway cleaned.
Where I’m from I’m from food in our stomachs and a place to lay our head each night,I’m from the 231,

Where I’m from, I’m from Muskegon Heights