Best Friend | Teen Ink

Best Friend

By Katbaby1 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Katbaby1 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

Best friend. Those two words mean nothing to her now. She hates me and I don’t even know why. She got mad at me and blocked me on all social media. Her and I got into a fight because I developed feelings for her, she had said she felt the same way. She made me really happy at the time. Things felt so natural with her. We started getting more flirtatious with one another saying things like how beautiful each other were, how we loved each other (might’ve been as just friends or more, I’m not sure anymore) but later told me she had a boyfriend that I didn’t previously know about. I felt like s*** and embarrassed and immediately stopped flirting, she didn’t. Her boyfriend ended up getting ahold of her phone and texting me. He was very upset. I explained to him what had happened and he said he understood but that he was just disappointed in her. She later texted me that night telling me that we couldn’t be friends anymore because of what I said to him. I told her that I just told him the truth about what happened because he deserved to know. She got mad and said how I should’ve stayed out of it and that because of this they almost broke up. In hindsight I probably should’ve just stayed out of it. But if that happened to me I would want to know. I still go to her instagram profile just to see if they’re still together or that she’s doing okay. She knows I’ll always care and that I’ll always be here, but I still miss her. I guess after all I do know why she hates me.