fable | Teen Ink

fable

By KyleKlobucher BRONZE, Ashalnd, Wisconsin
KyleKlobucher BRONZE, Ashalnd, Wisconsin

Once upon a time, there was a bear named Yoshi.  He lived in the darkest forest in the United States.  One day, Yoshi came out of the forest because he was curious about what was out there.  When he came out of the forest, he became very scared of the light because it was so bright.  As Yoshi became more comfortable with the light and came out of the dark forest, he came across a mouse his name was Jerry.  Yoshi and Jerry became close friends.  It turns out Jerry was scared of the light too..  So as Yoshi and Jerry took on the fears, they played more games in the light and met new friends, including a deer named Randy.  One of Yoshi, Jerry, and Randy's favorite games to play is hide and seek.  When it was Randy’s turn to hide, he went into the dark forest where he has never been and got lost.  There we strange noises that made him tremble.  When Yoshi found Jerry, Yoshi asked Jerry what way Randy went. Jerry said, “the last time he saw him he was going towards the dark forest”.  So Yoshi and Jerry took off running  into the dark forest looking for Randy.  They got halfway in and saw Randy up ahead laying by a big oak tree crying uncontrollably.  As they approached Randy, they told him he shouldn't have went into the forest alone because he didn't know where he was going.  After they got Randy back out to the light, he went home.  They told him that if he is going to go somewhere unfamiliar, he should go with someone or tell someone where he is going and what time he will be back.  If Jerry wouldn't have saw Randy go into the forest, they probably wouldn't have found him.

In conclusion, if you are going to go somewhere that is new to you; tell an adult where you are going and what time you will be back.

Telling people where your going and what time you will be back.