Unspoken Words

By , Alvin, TX

Whether we admit it or not,we conceal what goes on inside our minds. Were only given a precious knowledge of self destruction. We keep to ourselves because no one would care enough to listen to our pain. So we fake a smile,a laugh, and out on a face to hide away from what the truth really is. We don't mention it to anyone because no one shined a light in the darkness to show us we were not alone. All we’re ever use to is being left behind feeling lost and confused. We feel what we feel because everyone chose to leave and not stay, they broke promises and got our hopes up when they said things they didn't mean anymore, so they say it out of habit. And feeling lost leads to depression, depression leads to suicide, and suicide leads to a sleep you'll never wake up from because when they finally notice it'll be too late. These are the words unspoken for those that couldn't be saved because it was too late to stop them from pulling that trigger, from chugging that bottle, from painting designs on their skin with a razor blade, or wanting to fly to somewhere they felt safe but they couldn't because of a rope or chain that held them back.

QuestionsWithoutAnswers said...
today at 5:15 pm
This poem is amazing. I like the story behind it. I'm sorry for your loss of your best friend. Stay strong.