I am me | Teen Ink

I am me

January 18, 2018
By Alexis Johnson BRONZE, Shreveport, Louisiana
Alexis Johnson BRONZE, Shreveport, Louisiana
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I am intelligent while lost in the sea of chaos.
I am a girl with a curious mind and arms filled to the brim with knowledge of a spine.
I am the leaves rustling beneath your feet and the wolf once howling in the breeze at a forgotten moon.
I am the tree once filled with so much innocence only to be chopped down in the ways of society.
I am the music beneath the broken fingertips and fiery passion of a lost soul bent to far back.
I am the back you see once you put me away with your words of hatred and frustration.
I am beautiful; old architecture that if you might touch. I might just crumble.
I am the girl who has yet to see the beauty in the broken world.

The author's comments:

The people around me inspired me. Just how they act and how they talk. Also how I perceive myself is mixed in. The way I see this is that a girl who has yet to find herself is trying with all her might to hold on while showing other people there is reason to live. There are small things that a person will miss if they take their leave from the world.