Forgotten Rose | Teen Ink

Forgotten Rose

By LovelessPoetry SILVER, Napa, California
LovelessPoetry SILVER, Napa, California

"Live, Love, and breathe away your pain."- My Mother

I fell in love with him when I was not in a good place, I was covered with these thick vines laced with deadly thorns, I hurt nearly everyone around me, I could not help but push everyone away, I did not want help, why would a half alive human want help from anyone? At that time I believed that I didn’t deserve friendship, I did not deserve to have happiness, I had built this cage around myself, I didn’t explore the limits, I didn’t dare leave, but then there he was like some sort of knight in shining armor, my prince; and he will always be my prince, he saved me from the cage I had built to cause me to self destruct, he made me recognize that there is a future that could be built entirely for us, one we paved with our own dreams and focus for a better life , for us, he is the reason for my blooming, a once forgotten rose bud is now a magnificent Rose, confident and rebuilding their home within Rome.

on Jan. 9 2018 at 9:42 pm
StArFish504 SILVER, Taylor, Texas

Procrastination rules the nation!

This happened to me. I was closing in on myself and closing everyone else out, until he came. He saved me from losing myself and I am forever grateful for him. This is a great piece of writing!