The Calling | Teen Ink

The Calling

January 2, 2018
By valentinaarcaya BRONZE, Orlando, Florida
valentinaarcaya BRONZE, Orlando, Florida
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The thing that makes women so strong is that we have the guts to be vulnerable, we have the ability to feel the depth of our emotion and we know that we will walk through it." (Cat Grant)


There is a fire within me, not even the oceans combined could dim its shine.

This light of mine isn't all that specific, it begs me to seek something greater.

Greater than myself.

Greater than this reality in which we are told to live.

 

This flame houses a feeling like none other, one I can't seem to ignore.

It knows I am meant for something the eye can't see.

 

Everyday I fail to silence the voice saying,

"What is holding you back?"

"What keeps you from following your heart's deepest desires?"

"What is your place in this world?"

 

"BE that person you dram of. BECOME those you admire. And LEAVE BEHIND the scared little girl that prevents you from showing the world the yearning flames burning inside your determined eyes."

 

That fire within you urges you to wake uo every morning, to breathe, to live.

The very reason you were brought into this world,

TO BE GREAT.


The author's comments:

I have to say a special thank you to my grandfather, because he truly is the heart of this piece. He has convinced me that the world can be what you make of it, and that there is so much it has to offer. In addition, I recently watched The Greatest Showman and it is one of the most amazing, if not the best, films I have ever seen. Not only is it visually stunning, but the message behind it has had an inmense impact in me. If I had not watched it, I don't believe I would have mustered up the courage to reveal such hidden feelings.