Moving On | Teen Ink

Moving On

December 18, 2017
By Adira1 SILVER, Glendale Heights, Illinois
Adira1 SILVER, Glendale Heights, Illinois
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't carry your mistakes around with you. Instead, place them under your feet and use them as stepping stones to rise above them."


Sometimes the littlest of things remind a person of the past.
It's not merely a coincidence to remember such things…
But, those memories bring a warmth to the heart as one reminisces them.
As times change, only moments are left behind that make one smile or cry as they think of them.
This is why one should always cherish each of those joyful moments when they come so as to not regret for missing out on those very times.
At times people tend to miss some memories that they are reminded of by various means.
That, however, does not mean one should start dwelling on the past…
No matter how hard it seems to move on,
It would be a decision one would not regret.
With perseverance and a strong will, this decision can be implemented


The author's comments:

When I was changing schools, I reminisced all the sweet memories I had in my previous school, this inspired me to write this poem. I hope my readers will understand that certain changes in life require all types of people to feel remorse, but it up to the individual if they want to keep living in their past or live in the present day.