Dedicated to...

By midnight_rose SILVER, Olympia, Washington
midnight_rose SILVER, Olympia, Washington

"Be courageous and try to write in a way that scares you a little." -Holley Gerth

I won’t let myself fade like your favorite song, I won’t let their words be right. I’ll show them that there is so much more to me. I’m not just a poor sad little thing. I’m going to get far in life. I’ll be where I want to be. I’ll be on stage just like in my dreams and you’ll be wishing you were me. Don’t underestimate my strength, your lack of faith in me is my fuel. So thank you for helping me push myself. Thanks for saying all the things I can’t do just so I could sit there knowing I would prove you wrong. This is dedicated to all the people who wonder if I write about them. I do and this peice is for you. For the boy in my class who was always there to remind me that at least one person cares. For all the people and teachers who helped me show up everyday. And for the people I know I will forget because you don’t deserve to live rent free in my mind, for the people who will never forget me even though I have long forgotten you. This is for all of you.

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!