Alone in a mirror | Teen Ink

Alone in a mirror

By GrayWolf831 BRONZE, Tool, Texas
GrayWolf831 BRONZE, Tool, Texas

When one is standing in front of a mirror in this day and age,  they are either fixing their hair or taking a picture. When I stand there,  I see an unhappy human being with too many problems that  he’s going through. So I stand in a mirror alone, seeing into a void of my eyes, which reflect that there is no hope for me. No chance of getting past high school. But there's hope even when there seems to be none.
     Hope is a mirror with no one inside and no one there. With very few friends and no family. Hope in the forgotten with no place to live. No place to call home, hoping for a meal and a place to keep warm through the night. A mirror on the wall with one looking into it  and seeing one’s true self. A sad hopeless human seeing grey in his eyes and blue in his heart.

I isolate myself to see if anyone asks what's wrong and no one ever does.They leave someone who's been there for them throughout the thoughts of suicide and all the pain. But when one needs them, they walk away and completely forget about them.I stand alone in a mirror looking to the mirror waiting for someone to walk in and stop me, but I can wait forever and no one walks in.