Dance | Teen Ink

Dance

By HannahK1 BRONZE, Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
HannahK1 BRONZE, Tyngsboro, Massachusetts

What do you do with a kid with a lot of energy?  Some parents choose to yell at them.  Others, stick them in front of the tv.  My mom decided to sign me up for gymnastics. I did not have a lot of fun doing it. Then she thought it was a good idea to sign me up for dance the next year. The moment I started I knew I liked it and I have been dancing for eleven years.

When I first started dancing I took tap. I did not enjoy doing tap so I tried a different style of dance.  I tried ballet and I liked it so I decided to take it for the next two years.Within these three years they said that I improved so much that I could be on the competition team. But then I stopped  dancing for a year or two. Then I went to go back to dance. So I decided to try musical theatre which is acting and dancing. I was thinking that it was not my thing either. The year after that I went to a different dance studio to dance with my friend. It was the first year that I took hip hop and jazz. I really enjoyed taking hip hop and jazz. After that year I decided to go back to my studio and I took ballet, hip hop, and jazz. I met some of my best friends that year. The friends that I made that year we have been taking the same classes together for the next two years. The next year after that I took ballet and hip hop. Then this year I am taking hip hop. I have made so many amazing friends and had a lot of good memories in these years and I hope there is more to come in the next two.