Let the butterflies in

I saw a butterfly in the window one day, and i asked my mother.
“Why can’t we let the butterflies in?”
So she replied.
“We can’t let the butterflies in because butterflies don't like it inside.” and since my mother was the smartest person I knew I believed her.

Then came michael mum’s new boyfriend, so i asked him.
“Why can’t we let the butterflies in?”
So he replied.
“We can’t let the butterflies in because then the butterflies would become lonely and sad.” since michael was the smartest person I knew I believed him.

After that there was Bryan. He was michael's son who chose to stay after michael left mum for another women. I asked him.
“Why can’t we let the butterflies in?”
And he told me.
“We can’t let the butterflies in because mum doesn’t like insects in the house.” and since bryan was the smartest person I knew I believed him.

Soon I was alone and then I saw a butterfly in the window and let it in. It liked being inside, and soon many more came in, so the butterfly wouldn’t become lonely. So I liked having them in the house, even though I could still hear the answers that I would get from the “smartest” people I knew, and came to know that they didn’t know why but we're just giving me answers, lies. To keep me quiet. And so now whenever I see a butterfly in the window I let it in.