When i leave school | Teen Ink

When i leave school

By teesh BRONZE, Brisbane, Other
teesh BRONZE, Brisbane, Other

When some people leave school they wish to be a teacher.

But when i leave school i wish that this creature carrying all my insecurites, doubts and fears wanders away from me and i can find peace within my heart mind and soul.

When some people leave school they wish to create lotions.

But when i leave school i wish that the sea of emotions that wash within my soul float away like a bottle drifting effortlessly in the ocean. And oh how i hope that no one ever finds that bottle so the curse of loneliness, sadness and anger that's trapped within it doesn't control them too.

When some people leave school they wish to be a doctor.
But when i leave school i wish that this invisible chocker around my neck called anxiety stops digging into my airpipes and stopping me to breathe everytime i hear whispers drift through the air behind my bare back or everytime i am required to stand up and put a crumbled up piece of paper structured and shaped like my heart in the bin.

When some people leave school they wish to be a dentist.

But when i leave school i wish that my not so protencious heart will learn to love itself because it doesn't see beauty within the scars, the stretch marks and the extra skin that it has.

When some people leave school they wish to be an actor.

But when i leave school i wish that looks don't matter. I  wish that people could learn how to love what's within because what's the point if someone with a beautiful face has a mad hatter heart. If they don't make you laugh then you mose well be dating a giraffe.

When some people leave school they wish to be a therapist.

But when i leave school i wish there were no more terrorists beacuse the world needs to function off of love and when there's no love there's no life and we're putting to shame god's awfully hard work.

When some people leave school they wish to be nothing.

But when i leave school i foolishly wish to be happy.