Cold months | Teen Ink

Cold months

It’s an interesting thing trying to grasp the past. Everyone has one. But not everyone experienced the same version of it. Do you think about why certain memories creep up to you at different times. How you can associate memories with the weather, or certain times of the year. Why is it that as soon as the cold months start to roll around our hearts become cold as well. We forget how to feel and warm up to people. Our bodies don’t just protect us from the cold but also the crippling chills that fill your mind. It’s been years and I still think about the warm feeling of a blade against my skin. Am I cold? Do I need release? Somewhere for the chills to exit? I’ve forgot how to cope and how to warm my heart.. the cold months come with the memories of that past that I refuse to let myself work through. Memories can be cold and cruel and filled with nothing but empty promises and constant crippling pain.

i wrote this to remind others that as the holidays come people are still struggling to get through.