I Learned My Lesson | Teen Ink

I Learned My Lesson

I learned my lesson when I decided to not choose the path of success in my life.

I learned my lesson when I saw how much work ethic was needed to be put in, to reach my goals. 

I learned my lesson when I saw the way I treated my siblings with ignorance and selfishness. 

The lesson was revealing itself to me when I didn't treat my peers with the gratitude and respect they deserved. 

This lesson was teaching me that life is more than a timeline on a peice of paper. 

This lesson had taught me that no matter how badly you fall away from the truth, you can get back to the iron rod.

When this lesson was revealed, it all became clear that I am here on this earth for a reason, to become more than known for greatness but to succeed, for the better good for my siblings, Peers, and influences. 

When I learned this lesson I used it as my way of turning my weaknesses into my strengths. 

This piece was inspiring me to speak with the people of this world, that life is worth the hardship and challenges of success that it is worth it in the end. I hope that this poem incoureges people that the other side isn't they path to follow in life but the side of success is the side in which following.