School | Teen Ink

School

October 23, 2017
By Anonymous

It’s registration day I walk into the halls of the Middle school, the smell of kids, the dirt on the walls and the depressed looks on people’s faces, and that’s when reality hit me. I was walking into my future and I didn’t like the looks of it. I give my mom a stare she will never forget, a look that shows i’m screaming to get out of the school, but can’t actually scream so I give the look. She slowly turns her head and gives me a smirk, she knows i'm dreading going back to school, how horribly tiring it was waking up at the sounds of my alarm at 6 in the morning.
The next day, is the first day of school. The dreading sounds of my alarm wakes me up and as I lay in my bed I feel my heart beat a fast but steady beat, knowing I’m excited, but at the same time, I also don’t want to leave the coziness of my bed. I hear my mom come down the hall and she slowly opens my door with the biggest smile on her face. “Ready for your first day!” she says in a super excited tone.
“No,” I say as I roll back over in my bed.
She goes on and on about what I am going to wear and how I am going to do my hair, and then I hear her say, “Makeup.” I turn over really fast and I see how excited she is and I just can’t tell her that I really would rather not look like a clown my first day, so I keep my thoughts inside as I let her treat me like a doll. She picks out my outfit, does my hair, and then my makeup. I take one look in the mirror and a look of disgust creeps across my face.
I try not to show it as my mom is looking in the mirror with me, so I just say quietly,  “Thanks, mom,” and she gets my bag ready as I head for school. My first thought when I walked into the school was take off this makeup the thought pierced in my mind, but I hear the bell ring so I rushed to class without having a choice, but to keep on my makeup. I keep my head down knowing I’m late and I could feel the sharp stares of everyone in the classroom as my face turns a cherry red.
The minutes feel like hours, the day couldn’t go any slower. Finally 2:30 hit and I was out of that school faster than a bullet and onto the bus, getting closer and closer to my house I hear my bed call my name and before I know it, I’m back in bed waking up the next day doing the same routine as yesterday.


The author's comments:

Wrote this in like 20 minutes