I Love It When... | Teen Ink

I Love It When...

I love it when I wake up and smell freshly cooked food in the morning. I love it when I come home from school with no homework to do. I love it when my parents would wake me up on a school night to tell me that there is no school. I love it when my family would wake me up early on christmas morning so we gather around with the family and open presents. I love it when I wake up on the first day of summer knowing I won't have to go to school the next day. I love it when i'm starving and i can already smell dinner cooking. I love it when a teacher says, “No tests this week,” and then gives us a pop quiz on Friday. I love it when I tell someone something really personal and they go and start telling it to everyone. I love it when I just get done with all my chores and my parents somehow find something else for me to do when I’m already so tired. I love it when people purposely hurt my feelings then try to be best friends with me the next day. I love it when I make plans with a friend and then they cancel last minute. I love it when it's my birthday but other people still think they're more special than me. I love it when I’m in a group project and I’m the only one doing the work. I love it when I have my phone one second and then somehow the next second it's gone. I love it when people break my personal belongings and act like it's no big deal. I love it when I wake up for school and it ends up being the weekend. I love everything and all things because that's just who I am. 

This poem is supposed to start off realistic, and then go into a more sarcastic sort of poem. Then it finally ties off with how I go through life. Much love, and hope you like the poem!