Little Black Man | Teen Ink

Little Black Man

By Nafir Royal BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Nafir Royal BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

. They won't see the innocence in your adolescence because they don't have no ears or no mouth all they see is the color of your skin and that's sin enough for them. Don't walk with your hands in your pockets you can't reach for you wallet they're gone think you reaching for a weapon, don't turn your back on them they're gone think your being disrespectful. They don't like you forever despised you they don't need you. They're gonna tell you that the way you think is wrong because they were right, knee in your neck "I ain't tell you to move yet." Keep wishing on that star because you'll never see your future, they can't wait to see those tears on your mommas face as she praying that her son meet those heaven gates. "Yes sir. No sir." You don't have no rights, your a sitting duck at the bottom of the food chain watching as the news change "just another black man shot in cold blood." Did the news change? You've become so numb to the fact that your classmates face was just on the television posted on the street corner like a tadpole, face exposed, and his eyes sealed shut. With his soul in a body bag they saw his black face "we don't need him put his body back." Digging knee deep in the dirt searching for an answer, you won't find because today's society is so blind. Little black man, they will never see the innocence in your adolescence.

My name is Nafir, I am in 11th grade. I was inspired by all of the bigotry and violence that is happening in this world today. 

107JHD said...
Thank you for your brave heart and beautiful words.