Hot Baths | Teen Ink

Hot Baths

September 27, 2017
By tfyoya GOLD, Acworth, Georgia
tfyoya GOLD, Acworth, Georgia
15 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Never be someone that you not. You'll waste your time and everyone else's because they don't know the real you. ~me


I thought of taking a bath, I haven’t taken one is years and wanted to feel what it was like again.
I went to the bathroom and turned on the hot water, poured soap to make bubbles and waited for it to fill up.
As I as waiting I got my computer and put some music on, this time I put on happy songs because I was happy and wanted to stay that way.


When the water was filling up I wondered if I was wasting a lot of water. I thought isn’t it better to just take a shower? I really want to save planet earth, but it was already too late and the bath will make me happy.
I turned off the water as it was halfway full and took off my clothes, and put on one of my favorite albums.
I dipped my right foot into the water then immediately forced it out of the water. It was boiling hot. Everything changed and I didn’t know what to do.


I forgot that I should’ve mixed both cold and hot water but now it’s hot and I have to wait for it to cool down.
Waiting made me think. Everything was going fine and I wanted to take a bath now. Yet the water is extremely hot, I don’t want to put cold water in because that would be wasting water, and my favorite album is playing!
I put on a robe but I think it makes me look ugly which makes me feel insecure which adds to my frustration.
I turned on the cold water, filling a little bit more to the water, turned it off, and tried mixing it with a cup. The water was still so hot. I just wasted more water!


After forty minutes of music playing, ice cubes thrown, waiting, more cold water, and more guilt, I was not happy anymore. I didn’t want to take a bath anymore.


The water was very warm but I couldn’t take it anymore, I was not wasting this water so I calmed myself, put on my favorite album again, and went in.


My body was slightly burning as I moved to find a comfortable position. I was sitting and I was fine, singing along, relaxing.


The atmosphere became hotter all of a sudden and I was sweating. I didn’t know what was happening but I was losing my breath, couldn’t focus with my eyes, feeling completely exhausted.


I kept telling myself, don’t get out of the bathtub, just twenty more minutes. You cannot waste this water. Yet I was zoning in and out, I wasn’t feeling the music anymore. I stood up, got my towel and walked out and sat down on the floor.


Why was this happening, why all of a sudden when I try to replay a memory in real life, it doesn’t feel the same?


I don’t look like myself anymore, the memory was ruined, I don’t think I will ever go back and take a bath again.


It was too hot, I made myself suffer in what seemed a comfortable environment, with the best music, and the right timing. 


I drained the water out and closed my laptop.