Hot Baths | Teen Ink

Hot Baths

By tfyoya GOLD, Acworth, Georgia
tfyoya GOLD, Acworth, Georgia

Never be someone that you not. You'll waste your time and everyone else's because they don't know the real you. ~me

I thought of taking a bath, I haven’t taken one is years and wanted to feel what it was like again.
I went to the bathroom and turned on the hot water, poured soap to make bubbles and waited for it to fill up.
As I as waiting I got my computer and put some music on, this time I put on happy songs because I was happy and wanted to stay that way.

When the water was filling up I wondered if I was wasting a lot of water. I thought isn’t it better to just take a shower? I really want to save planet earth, but it was already too late and the bath will make me happy.
I turned off the water as it was halfway full and took off my clothes, and put on one of my favorite albums.
I dipped my right foot into the water then immediately forced it out of the water. It was boiling hot. Everything changed and I didn’t know what to do.

I forgot that I should’ve mixed both cold and hot water but now it’s hot and I have to wait for it to cool down.
Waiting made me think. Everything was going fine and I wanted to take a bath now. Yet the water is extremely hot, I don’t want to put cold water in because that would be wasting water, and my favorite album is playing!
I put on a robe but I think it makes me look ugly which makes me feel insecure which adds to my frustration.
I turned on the cold water, filling a little bit more to the water, turned it off, and tried mixing it with a cup. The water was still so hot. I just wasted more water!

After forty minutes of music playing, ice cubes thrown, waiting, more cold water, and more guilt, I was not happy anymore. I didn’t want to take a bath anymore.

The water was very warm but I couldn’t take it anymore, I was not wasting this water so I calmed myself, put on my favorite album again, and went in.

My body was slightly burning as I moved to find a comfortable position. I was sitting and I was fine, singing along, relaxing.

The atmosphere became hotter all of a sudden and I was sweating. I didn’t know what was happening but I was losing my breath, couldn’t focus with my eyes, feeling completely exhausted.

I kept telling myself, don’t get out of the bathtub, just twenty more minutes. You cannot waste this water. Yet I was zoning in and out, I wasn’t feeling the music anymore. I stood up, got my towel and walked out and sat down on the floor.

Why was this happening, why all of a sudden when I try to replay a memory in real life, it doesn’t feel the same?

I don’t look like myself anymore, the memory was ruined, I don’t think I will ever go back and take a bath again.

It was too hot, I made myself suffer in what seemed a comfortable environment, with the best music, and the right timing. 

I drained the water out and closed my laptop.