The Girl with the Headphones

The ocean, streams, creeks, ponds, wildfires, the pounding of hooves. She listens to inspiration as the day goes by. The light of the real world grows dimmer as her grasp on a fictional reality becomes clearer. The fictional world that she creates makes a safe haven for her, the pain of the world she lives in has no place there, she is safe. She becomes the woman that she has always wanted to be. She has the hope and courage there that she could never muster here. She is able to fall asleep here, not haunted by the nightmares that plague her in the real world. Unafraid she stands and sings from her heart, a heart that beats only for this fictional world. A world that she only knows through her headphones.

DuckLoverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 8 at 5:38 pm
Wow! I absolutely LOVE this piece...this is basically my life. When things gets bleak, I retreat into my own imagination, my own world, that's better than the reality. I love it.