The Girl with the Headphones | Teen Ink

The Girl with the Headphones

By CassJoy BRONZE, Bismarck, North Dakota
CassJoy BRONZE, Bismarck, North Dakota

"If you have knowledge in many areas, you have less fear. For the only power that can be used against a knowledgeable person is ignorance."

The ocean, streams, creeks, ponds, wildfires, the pounding of hooves. She listens to inspiration as the day goes by. The light of the real world grows dimmer as her grasp on a fictional reality becomes clearer. The fictional world that she creates makes a safe haven for her, the pain of the world she lives in has no place there, she is safe. She becomes the woman that she has always wanted to be. She has the hope and courage there that she could never muster here. She is able to fall asleep here, not haunted by the nightmares that plague her in the real world. Unafraid she stands and sings from her heart, a heart that beats only for this fictional world. A world that she only knows through her headphones.

This piece was just something that came to me during a bust school day. It was something that I feel others could conect with, that others see alternate realities through music, art or litterature. 

DuckLover GOLD said...
on Oct. 8 2017 at 5:38 pm
DuckLover GOLD, Winchester, Kentucky

Be happy, not because everything you see is good, but because you can see the good in everything.

Wow! I absolutely LOVE this piece...this is basically my life. When things gets bleak, I retreat into my own imagination, my own world, that's better than the reality. I love it.