Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

I’ve spent hours wondering why when I scream when I cry you just laugh how can you just laugh
I try and get a reaction
Just to know you care
You didn’t know it but you just aggravate the hate I’ve been harboring for you
But anger is always born from pain
I was ruined by the realization that a father doesn’t love his daughter
That I can’t fix you
That provoking you won’t make you realize that you’re hurting me
When the laughter appears in your eyes the eyes that look just like mine but I’m crying I fear for the seed of you that lives in my DNA
I see it in me how sometimes I’m like you and I hate me for being like you I hate you for making me hate myself
I’ve always been told hate is a strong word
But I guess that’s good because I need to be strong to keep away from you to stop myself from trying to get validation from you because I know it’ll never come
I need to use strong words to remind myself of all the times I’ve cried over you and remember how many tears you’ve lost over me, none
I need to use strong words to keep myself from chasing a love you can’t give me
I need to be strong because when I read the words I write you think they’re meaningless and they’re not.
These are the things I wish when I said could make you see all the hurt you’ve caused me but they won’t.
You have forfeited the love of your daughter.

on Dec. 26 2017 at 9:00 am
JustKeepScrolling, Lima, Ohio
Thank you so much, I'm kind of self conscious about it so hearing people say things like that always boosts my confidence!

Celenea SILVER said...
Celenea SILVER, WEST JORDAN, Utah

the world is not beautiful therefore it is beautiful but it is your job to make your world beautiful cause no one will do it for you.
My Dad

wow your amazing I know you're not going to see this but I hope you keep doing this