Three Words

Three simple words can cause mass destruction, shattering you in a matter of seconds.
Grasping you, pushing you under the current of your own thoughts.
Leaving you breathless, believing in a future that has been erased from the daydreamers timeline of improbable possibilities.
Splintering your spirit, torpedoing any childish hopes of conspired moonstuck delusions.
These three transparent, non-complex words dribbling off your loved ones lips in a broken murmur, “I am leaving.”
What makes, “I am leaving,” the most gut wrenching phrase in the book, are three different, distinct, yet intricate words.
Three words that you not only hear, but feel.
You feel it when the only person you care about goes above and beyond for you.
They try to move the mountains, they cry out to the clouds to make it rain when the lowest of the lows are crashing against you like rolling waves.
You feel it in your heart when you look over at them and see blissful, huge crocodile tear, giggly, fluffy memories.
You feel lighthearted and stronger because you can rise in the morning and say that they are there for you.
You can glance at each other and smile and make the most cheesy, goofy, childish faces, and the other will know exactly what you mean.
You feel exhilaration as adrenaline courses through your body at the speed of light.
Forcing you to scream and shout, because there is no other way to express yourself.
What makes, “I am leaving.” the most difficult three words to absorb? The fact that the distinct yet intricate words were, “I love you.” 

DuckLoverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 3:50 pm
Wow...this is breathtakingly good! I love the word choice, and the beautiful way in which it's written. This is such a deep and meaningful poem, and there's a lot of emotion behind those words. I love it! Great job!