Plink | Teen Ink

Plink

By igobyamy BRONZE, Seoul, Other
igobyamy BRONZE, Seoul, Other

"everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end"

Each water
         drop
Is another
     reminder
Of the way I will miss
     this place
As each plink
Lands on my forehead
and I blink,
The world around me changes
to a different hue.

I am moving back to my home country in a few months after almost ten years living in America, and I'm scared. I'm scared to lose my friends, I'm scared to go to a place I don't recognize and one that doesn't recognize me, and the words above captured that feeling of excitement, nonchalance, and fear all at once.

addictwithapen PLATINUM, Norfolk, Virginia

"I'm at it again as an addict with a pen." - twenty one pilots, addict with a pen

The description in this poem is lovely. My only problem is that it’s unclear what you mean by “the world around me changes to a different hue”. Overall you succeeded in creating a mood and expressing your emotions. Keep up the good work.

igobyamy BRONZE, Seoul, Other

omigod i love you so much this is the sweetest thing!!

Jellybean said...
This poem is beutiful. It seems way to often that society can take away the things we take for granted. Friendship for me is the scariest. You know someone for years, watching each other's highs and lows, and then suddenly they are gone. Keep on writting girl, cause one day, me and the special lady who inspired us will be in line to have you sign our copy of your inspiring book ;)