Crystallizing Poison This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Tears of acid corrode my bittersweet smile

Cool granite gives way to fragile egg shells

And a permanent marker gives way to permanent scars in the shape of tattoos of misery and agony.

Crimson pools of ink flow down the sink and bathtub drain

...Pretty much anywhere I can finally bare my soul to my reflection of manipulation.

Cracks form on the grandfather clock that tells me that tea time has yet to start

As the wistful weeds strangle its hands and pull them to rest motionlessly at 12:59.

The absence of birthday candles and light in my closet of naked skeletons showcase buried emotions that seem diminished.

I am blank.

A piece of ripped up paper.

I drift in the wind, letting everything pass me by.

Eyes of frosty marbles are what they seem to others,

unmoving.

But I can still blink back my tears.

The only time someone can see me and my tears

Is when my tears of poison, crystallize. 

Jay.xe said...
yesterday at 10:30 pm
I aspire to write as amazingly as this. Love it

AlphaGooseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 9:43 am
Thank you so much!

HereSheIsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 8:48 pm
So powerful

today at 9:47 am
I try my best :D