So I Walk... | Teen Ink

So I Walk...

By Crothos BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas
Crothos BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas

It is an early autumn morning and the sun cannot be seen through the thick wall of clouds. My dog needs to be taken out just like every other morning. So I walk…
I slip into my favorite pair of sneakers and put on a heavy jacket to shield myself from the cold blasts of the autumn morning air. And so I walk…
As I step out of the door, I smell the scent of fresh dew on the early morning grass. It reminds me that with the dew comes a new day; a new beginning. So I walk…
I hear the rumble of my neighbor’s lawn mower as he gets an early start. He does the same thing every week only to have to do again the next. So I walk…
Cars full of people pass me while I go on my way around the continuous loop that is my neighborhood. Many of them are leaving for an early morning Sunday mass while others are full of teenagers returning to their homes after a party down the street from where I stay. So I walk…
As all of this has been happening, my dog pulls me even harder through our morning routine. The leash has become completely taut. So I walk…
We come around the loop and begin to return to the place where it all began. Steam rose from the both of us as our bodies became warm from covering a long distance in a short amount of time. So I walk…
As we come closer to my house, I think back to the things that I saw and felt; the dew on the ground, the cars full of people, and my neighbor mowing his lawn. That is why I love to take my dog out every morning. So I walk…