5 Reasons Why Home is a Person | Teen Ink

5 Reasons Why Home is a Person

By AlleeRProctor PLATINUM, Martinsburg, Wv, West Virginia
AlleeRProctor PLATINUM, Martinsburg, Wv, West Virginia

"Write what disturbs you, what you fear, what you have not been willing to speak about. Be willing to be split open." -Natalie Goldberg

Room 1- The carpet floor is so grey it matches the cigarette smoke. The white curtains are turning into a pale yellow.

Room 2- This is the hallway you raised your middle finger to my dad. He shoved you out of his way and walked out the door.

Room 3- There is a purple picture hanging on the wall. Very few people know that picture is covering evidence that dad use to punch things.

Room 4- I slept in here with you until you made me sleep in my own bed so other men could lay beside you. I wasn't ready to sleep by myself yet.

Room 5- The Barbie house is set up in here, and I use to always wish that there was some magical way I could live in it. I eventually realize that I did. Everything about the house I live in is plastic, and it would never be home.

Thank you so much for commenting on my work! Apologies for replying back so late. I will do my best to answer your question, but I also have a question for you. What does "home" actually mean? Comfort? Because if home is comfort than I feel more comfortable around some people than I actually do in my own house. I hope I answered your question. Thank you, again for replying.

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

Interesting! Love your use of diction and imagery to get your point across. I'm curious if this is a real situation in your life - seeing your home as a person? Regardless, good job!