5 Reasons Why Home is a Person

Room 1- The carpet floor is so grey it matches the cigarette smoke. The white curtains are turning into a pale yellow.

Room 2- This is the hallway you raised your middle finger to my dad. He shoved you out of his way and walked out the door.

Room 3- There is a purple picture hanging on the wall. Very few people know that picture is covering evidence that dad use to punch things.

Room 4- I slept in here with you until you made me sleep in my own bed so other men could lay beside you. I wasn't ready to sleep by myself yet.

Room 5- The Barbie house is set up in here, and I use to always wish that there was some magical way I could live in it. I eventually realize that I did. Everything about the house I live in is plastic, and it would never be home.

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 4 at 8:46 pm
Interesting! Love your use of diction and imagery to get your point across. I'm curious if this is a real situation in your life - seeing your home as a person? Regardless, good job!

AlleeRProctorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 3:54 pm
Thank you so much for commenting on my work! Apologies for replying back so late. I will do my best to answer your question, but I also have a question for you. What does "home" actually mean? Comfort? Because if home is comfort than I feel more comfortable around some people than I actually do in my own house. I hope I answered your question. Thank you, again for replying.