Light Fades | Teen Ink

Light Fades

By Miracureader13 BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
Miracureader13 BRONZE, Denver, Colorado

As the light fades,
the dark king shall rise.
And earth shall fall into darkness.
The light will be but a memory,
as the darkness invades.
Family’s shall break,
and love shall melt.
The shadows grow and angles screech.
All that is found will be lost,
and vengeance shall rise.
As the light fails,
the darkness shall rise,
and conquer the earth for a long time.
    Although, for a thousand years this shall keep.
But on the first of the last day,
a hero misunderstood shall rise.
Both light and dark shall quiver are thy might,
on the day of coming of age.
Thy shall conquer all sides,
And peace shall fall all across the land.

This poem is very… special because, when I write poems they reflect what I’m feeling or a part of me is shown in the poem. As I wrote this I was and still am having a hard time with things I’m going  though, when I write poetry I don’t try to do anything special or anything but it some how ends up ok I suppose. I’m not sure what special things in the poem such as a comparison in my poem, I try I’d to get things like that in the poem but I’m not sure how to do that or even how to spot things like that. So if I didn’t I’m sorry I really did try but if I did please point that out to me so I can know what to look for.
     As others read this they seem to read a part of me without realizing, so as people read this poem I can only hope that they can reflect a part of themselves on to this. So I should probably share how this poem came to be so here it go. So as I wrote the first version of this it was totally different from what is on the paper now, as I wrote the first version I was… upset because me and my friend weren’t getting along ( I mean that hasn’t changed yet but we’ll get there) and I blame it on myself. So when I started writing poetry this started so most of my poems aren’t the most upbeat but me being me I can only express myself fully on paper so this has been a pretty good outlet for me. So… anyways I had two different poems and my teacher actually convinced me to combined them to make the poem you are reading. So I’m grateful for my teacher that had me start writing poems, at first I had to write poems for school and I liked it but when I started writing free verse I was able to express myself even more. I write poems to help get though hard time and I hope the same goes for you as  well.