I am the Ocean | Teen Ink

I am the Ocean

By livelovehope.mj GOLD, HARTLAND, Wisconsin
livelovehope.mj GOLD, HARTLAND, Wisconsin

Last year, I went to the ocean. The way that the waves crashed slowly onto the beach, pushed away all of my stress. I have gotten told, “The ocean reminds me of you. You’re so perfectly imperfect. The way that the sunlight hits your eyes and how the waves crash into you so calmly.” I slowly blinked and looked into the sunset. It was an ombre of pinks, oranges, and yellows. I am known to be insecure about many things. I don’t mean to be, but it just happens. I used to be told that my insecurities ruin other people's lives, but i’ve learned, over the years, that those people are the people that make me have these insecurities. I wasn’t born with them. I’m known to have waves of emotions. Each one passes by calm or harsh, and sometimes in between. I need to learn to control them. It’s really hard to do but I know that I can. Being on the beach usually calms my emotions and insecurities. I danced on the waves to relax. It was just me and the ocean. The ocean was there for me. I am the ocean.