Athleticism | Teen Ink

Athleticism

By Volleyball289 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Volleyball289 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

In a family of six, with five athletic achievers: one lacking, athleticism is a competition. The family plays sports, shouts, screams, with excitement in the house trying to beat the others.
The twins fight as if there is no tomorrow to be more athletic than the other. Mathew, varsity volleyball player, unstoppable like a lion. Nick, varsity soccer player, runs up and down the field like an Ostrich. Both determined to dance the other off the floor like monkeys fighting for a banana.
Eric, the mother, the father, all determined and destructive at playing sports: including the twins. Sports scream and shout when they see this family work its way towards the field of hate and love. The family fights to be better than the other as if the wind is calling for the best. 
Then the one lonely; lacking athletic player. The ref, the recorder, the waterboy. Alex, incapable of competing with the family like a flower trying to grow in the winter. Sits inside like a lazy chimpanzee, not wanting to achieve athleticism like his family.
Family of six, athletic achievers and competitors, with one falling behind like a waterfall over a 30 mile cliff.