Hey, Little Stray

Hey, Little Stray
Your tail is tucked
From the horror
You had witnessed.
You lost the stock
That gave you pride
And the strong will
To carry on.

Hey, Little Stray
Your neck is exposed
From the collar
You had severed.
You cut the ties
You once had made
With the only ones
You had held dear.

Hey, Little Stray
Your smile is faded
From the brutal
Words you endure.
You no longer
Have the bright grin
You once possessed
On your dour face.

Hey, Little Stray
Your heart is rutted
From the damage
It could not bare.
You stow away
The scattered shards
To hide the fact
You are ruined.

Hey, Little Stray
When will you see
All the beauty
Within this pain?
Your tail, your neck
You heart, your smile
These should not be
What define you.

SpeakerofWolvesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 22 at 11:11 am
@Bacon. Amazing job! Really sad and can really be relatable to the stray animals. This sounded like a song which is really something that takes time. I saw your drawing with it and I wish people get to see that. The only critics I will say is to be sure with your choice of words. Some words disrupted your flow and the best way to do that is to read it over and over so that you can detect errors and to help the poem flow better. Over all, awesome job and don't stop writing and drawing! :)

Bacon.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
yesterday at 10:21 pm
@SpeakerofWolves Thank you so much!!! Yeah, poetry was never really my thing, but I am challenging myself to write more of it. Some words did not really help the flow of the words; I am glad someone else brought it to my attention! :) I will definitely work on that in the future. I really appreciate the advice and encouragement!!

SpeakerofWolvesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 9:49 am
@Bacon. You are so welcome. I know poetry is hard, it was especially hard for me. I been writing last year for a class project and my teacher told me to try out this writing competition. I tried it out and while I was waiting to see if I won something, my librarian told about Teen Ink and she recommends it to me. I went to the website and I immediately loved it. I then got the results and the sad part is that I didn't win anything. Although I was sad, my work got published in this website and I ... (more »)