I Am a Bat | Teen Ink

I Am a Bat

April 7, 2017
By 8sharma SILVER, Hartford , Wisconsin
8sharma SILVER, Hartford , Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In the morning you’ll rarely see me outside of my room. All day I stay cozy like a cocoon in the darkness under the blankets. The amount of sleep I get, you could say, I'm like a sloth.
I get up and leave my room to eat some food, but after I’m finished I go back to my room laying in bed. I sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep...then a light turns on, startled I get up and turn them back off and I don’t get up until 1. The rest of the day becomes slow and lifeless and everything seems so boring to me.
Then it becomes night. I am alive and awake, and don’t look forward to going to sleep. I become very loud and annoying, while my mom becomes very frustrated as to why I just won’t shut up. It’s around 8 o'clock and i'm still running around, my parents make me do some chores to get rid of the energy inside of me. That doesn’t help I’m now in my room playing xbox. I lose track of time, I look at the time it’s 12 a.m., time to go to sleep, at least that's what I thought. I go on Netflix and watch my favorite show. It’s now 3 a.m. and i’m close to sleep. The next thing I remember is waking up at 11 for a new lazy day.